View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: 2015 Taurus Mule Pictures on Car and Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
ford needs to really get stuck into the lincoln and spend some serious buks on it, i don`t know how other people see it but it sorta appears to me like a slightly up market family sedan to me, which is ok, but it does`nt seem anything out of the ordinary that people would aspire to own over other established luxury brands.
They need a a serious luxo version that the vast majority will see as the best of the best in a the luxury range.

Look what toyota has done with lexus, toyota spent a huge dollar on taking on the big luxury brands and did a pretty good job with it, these days you hear advertisements toyota camry with lexus qaulity, whether it is true or not the brand gets cred just by association.
people in the street see the well to do driving car x it becomes good a status thing also .
Ford is on a real "Journey" with Lincoln, not to expand on that here but the cars by strategic necessity
have to be linked to Ford originators and basically priced at approx. $,8000 above Titanium originator.
Compared to the US based Lexus ES (Avalon), the Lincoln MKS is very competitive, cars are lasting
around 14 days only on dealer lots, so that speaks well for the cars reception after massive delays.

GM has spent a big on new RWD ATS and CTS in pursuit of BMW and in the end people who want BMWs will by them, not copies..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote