View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #42
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

Brett - thanks for all your help and advice. Was great to meet you last week. Boy can you chat about shock absorbers and seals and shafts.....

Mate, just a quick check in to tell you that the Coilovers are working great on the GT. so far so good. I'm very fussy with these things so I don't give thanks out lightly.

The car feels so much lighter on its feet and actually now handles like it's little 6 cylinder brother. The front end feels so much more planted and the on centre feel is so much more accurate. It's a shame they didn't manage to refine the suspension from factory further with the BF as they had planned.....it would have surprised so many doubters and shut the hell out of the critics big time.....

The ride now is a little more bouncy but the compliance is still great and is "comfy" enough not to unsettle the wife..... I imagine this will get even better with a new set of tyres that are coming soon.....the fact that the ride still feels good on a completely shagged set of tyres is pretty good testament to the quality of these things.

The ability to change direction sharply without under steer anymore is amazing....lost for words how much better it is. Our drive together in the rain was also amazing....how it managed to grip on sharp direction change with my shagged tyres in those wet conditions still has me gobsmacked!

I'm thinking of throwing out the whiteline bar and whacking the factory unit back in per our chat.....I think you are right....it will allow for even better balance without the added stiffness.

All in all - with the driving I've done so far and considering mostly in the wet, I'm impressed. So far so good. My favourite stretches of road that I frequent just got that much better.

I'll post some pics of the ride height up soon. Just need a nice day to wash BLUEY and get some nice snaps. No scrapes and the front and rear end sits just beautifully.....slightly lower than before but still gets access up the driveway with 4 on board. Great stuff.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: