View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #14
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
Is anyone using a Malwood 6 speed as i spoke to him the other day and my first impressions were very good, my diff & 3 link is already built with 4:3:1 gears and he said 3:9:1 would be better but he can individually set each gear ratio to suit my diff ratio and make the 4:3's work.
I have a custom built T-56 in my AU TS50.

I got Mal to build me a custom 'box with 26 spline input and 31 output for around the same cost as a new gearbox from Ford (dealer cost price) The gearbox is stronger than the factory gearbox and with the little driving I have done I am extremely happy with the lack of noise (running or rollover), shift feel and general operation.

Mal's option 5 clutch twin plate (organic facings) is too "grabby" for my liking but I am giving it the benefit of the doubt for now (too early to call yet).

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote