View Single Post
Old 26-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aussie invention eliminates piston rings

Oh the things I've seen over the years...mostly at town shows and agricultural exhibitions...that were advertised as improving your economy by massive margins.
The best ones were the "modest ones"...the guys who had "spark improver" things that went between the coil lead and the dizzy cap, which only promised small gains. People were more likely to believe them, and bought them in droves. I know I did.

Spark enhancers, fuel additives (including the famous fuel "pill" one that suckered in our own Queensland state government at the time of Joh), hydrogen producers (always a perennial favourite amongst those who don't understand you can't get something for nothing), inlet trickery like the HiClone rubbish, etc, etc, etc...the list is almost endless.

And that's the battle that guys like this piston ring-less bloke are up against...backers have seen so many scams, con artists, and outright convincing frauds that when someone does come up with a genuine good idea, he has to look long and hard to find good backing from a reputable source. I'm not saying this "eliminate the piston rings" idea is a sound one (but it could be, who knows?), but you get my meaning.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote