View Single Post
Old 23-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #12
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Before NBN at night when I wanted to play Battlefield 4 I created a faraday cage over the modem using foil wrap to stop two teenage daughters from streaming etc. Did create some issues when the other half wanted to use it and queried why the internet was down.

With NBN I can play multiplayer when x 3 others are using it as well, before NBN it was unplayable in that situation.

All I know is that prior NBN with Faraday cage I was getting ping of about 90, when the daughters and wife were on my ping went up over 200- and I was often kicked for having too high a ping.

With NBN I am getting ping of 9 when playing alone, and when others of my household are on and using streaming etc x3, my ping goes up to about 40 etc.

Been told by technicians our NBN is almost directly on a node (whatever that means) and that we should have very fast speeds.

I love NBN- no more Faraday cages and issues with family members with me using by jerry built faraday cages....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: