Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #171
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

Some more progress, finally.

I have now started on the final leg of getting the car completed. The engine should be back from the machine shop early next week so I am now trying to get everything ready for the engine/transmission to be fitted in, once assembled.

I have had the front end just sitting in there and partially completed. Time today though was to get all of the remaining parts in and everything torqued up.

Tie rod ends ready to go in

And all fitted

Fuel line in

Left and right bump stop plates fitted

Engine bay is almost there. I now need to fit the power steering box and a few other small things. Power steering lines along with the engine mounts have also been fitted

The grille has also been assembled. I am still however waiting on the main head lights. Will hopefully get those tomorrow.

In the preparation of fitting the grille, I was tapping out a few holes. What I found most surprising that two of threads were metric????? Go figure???

And also the bonnet latch was a metric thread. I would have thought that all of the XC's would be imperial, obviously not. I know that almost all of the P6 LTD's are imperial, bar a few nuts/studs on the front end

Whilst on the bonnet, I have had many latches zinced. Three of which I have pictured and am wanting to know which is the correct one for the XC's? The one the right is for the P6 LTD but the other two, I am not sure which one is the right one?

And a few pics of the front of the car

Tomorrow will see both FMX's being sent off for overhaul (very much wanted to do these myself but time is not on my side at the moment), 2 x power steering box core's for overhaul, 1 x power steering pump, all of my exhaust manifolds plus other engine parts for sand blasting, 3 x Carter Thermoquads (plus 2 spares) for overhaul and 2 x electronic ignition distributors for rebuild (plus a few spares as well).

The plan for the weekend will be to get the dash in, a job that I have been avoiding like the plague, oh well, must do it some time
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote