Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #179
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum
Small thread jack here, but how did you get those diff's up so high?

Forklift?
Like this

This worked for the initial part and then it was myself, a mate of mine plus the neighbour to man handle it onto the second shelf.

Quote:
Nice work Paul, dash isn't too bad, just take your time. Definitely a two man job.
Well, it will be me, myself and I tomorrow. I am thinking that it is going to take me than a day as I have an engine to paint as well as get the HVAC unit in first.

Quote:
What suspension component brands did you use?
It was a bit of a mix Clinton. Ford parts were possible, then some TRW followed by Protex and then some Powermax

I picked up the headlights today but not the wiper motor as it was not ready. Should be by Monday afternoon though. At least I can now finish the grille off as I bought some of the elusive small metric bolts for the grille today. Whilst at the wreckers, I looked at as many XC's as I could and they all had the short slide (middle of picture) bonnet latch, so that is the one that will be put on.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote