View Single Post
Old 25-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #35
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Which new Fords have you been looking at, or test driven?

I service my Ford's with the local dealer so I get to drive a variety of cars as service loan cars, and not just Fords.

Focus - The LZ didnt really do much for me. They drove well but the interior was poorly packaged and dull. The new Focus that went on sale late last year surprised me. The interior space is much better packaged and presented, the 3 pot engine strong and it was very nice to drive. The ride was a little firm on the ST-Line I had on the day, but I'm familiar with hard ride coming from an FGX XR8

Escape/Kuga - I've driven a few of these, both the diesel and the 1.5 EcoBoost. Like the Focus, they drive well but the interior is showing its age.

Territory - The dealer had a couple of these on the fleet for a while even though they had been out of production for while. Such a shame these didn't get a proper replacement and I totally understand why they sold so many of them. That V6 diesel was so refined and comfort excellent.

Mustang - I had a auto GT for the day, in race red too! Made me wish I had bought the auto. I have also been given the keys of a 2018 GT with the 10 speed and Recaro's. Loved the seats and the 10 speed hammers home gear shifts. And sound, stock, is a massive improvement over the earlier ones.

Ranger - driven a few over the years, last one apart from my own being a Raptor. Dual cab utes don't suit my needs and I would never buy one "just because" but the Raptor has its place and the small engine is a non-issue.

Haven't driven the current Mondeo, Endura, Everest, Transit or the outgoing Fiesta. And for some reason the service adviser would never put me in an EcoSport despite me asking for one. I have been wanting to drive one to see if they are as bad as people make them out to be.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: