View Single Post
Old 24-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #35
n.mcmahon
Nicko

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I had a look around for the Installation Instructions that came with the kit but I have a sneaky suspicion they got tossed during a garage cleanup recently. Kicking myself if I have because they are quite handy as a reference. You could try quoting the part # to Ford and see if they have anything on file?

The kit was definitely made by the same local supplier who did the SX/SY Territory kit I installed and presumably they do the Falcon kits too. Perhaps try contacting them if they still exist (Vision Automotive Technology)?

The installation required removal of the rear bumper as well as the centre and LHS internal boot trim. The module and buzzer are installed on the sheetmetal behind the LHS boot carpet. I can't recall the exact details but the internal loom had a wire tap for the reverse light conductors that run into the LHS rear light cluster. I recall I had some issues getting a decent connection and it was also a little short and only just reached the existing loom.

The external sensor loom is then fed down through a hole in the sheetmetal at the lower LHS corner of the boot cavity. There was an existing grommet/plug in the hole that you have to remove and then cut a slit or hole to accommodate the loom. I recall the hole being quite small and the connectors only fit through with some careful manoeuvring.

Because the kit was so old, the 3M cable clips that are supplied to stick onto the rear nudge bar were totally dry. In any case I couldn't see them staying stuck long-term anyway so I just used cable ties. One thing I noted was the the spacing of the sensor connectors on the loom didn't quite match the position of the sensors on the bumper. Nothing drastic but one or two had to be unwound from the main loom bundle to allow enough length to reach the sensor.

Finally, you are right about the Territory having markers on the inner side to show where the sensors should be placed. For the Fiesta, the kit supplied 4 x paper templates that you stick at set measurements along the bumper.

So, I reckon your Falcon kit could be modified to suit the Fiesta because I'm sure 95% of it is exactly the same as the Fiesta kit I used. Happy to help with more details and try to pull some photos together if you need (haven't quite worked out how to attach images to this thread yet).

Cheers Nick
n.mcmahon is offline   Reply With Quote