View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:53 PM   #36
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Leaked 2015 Corvette ZO6 pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Basically it's an independent single A-arm rear setup with a swaybar and one leaf spring. For all intents and purposes, that leaf could be given a totally different name and the rear end would then be considered independent. I find it curious that the use of a single leaf spring which is retained within the A-arm or wishbone which itself is designed to stabilise the A-arms from excessive independent movement is the predominant component used to describe the architecture of the design.
It seems the car industry is not recognising this new 'composite leaf spring' design properly.......As I said Clarkson of all people doesn't know the difference or Hammond either because neither of them said anything about it on the TG Vette test???

Here I was thinking the late model Vette has massive 'old style' leaf springs under it with a 7.0ltr LS3 producing 500HP LOL!!!!!!!

Thers actually a few great advantages of the composite design because it minimises wheel weight by negating normal coil springs as described on Wikipedia.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote