View Single Post
Old 25-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #81
marcyeo

Default Re: Would it be worth trading my FPV GT in on a new Mustang?

I think if you have the luxury of having the GT as a garage queen then I think keeping the GT as everyone says is a definite, but unless you plan to keep it stock with VERY low km's, the thought that it will go up in value will either take a VERY looong time, or it may never happen.

My GT is a daily driver and has just clicked over 82,000km's. It's got 450rwkw, and I modified within 1 year of having it. I just knew that I just couldn't be happy with the stock power, as performance figures & times are just dropping immensely. 0-100 in 3.5s is the new 5s already. There's no way mine is going up in value anytime soon

I spoke to my tuner about the new Mustang - wondering how the 18 model was such a large improvement over the current, and performance addages aside, he reckons it's the 10 speed box that also makes the big difference. Noting you want a manual Mustang, this may be a large consideration in the speed difference. Also, I would never buy an '18 Mustang and leave it stock - it would get a supercharger pack, exhaust & tune the moment it stepped out of the dealership if I could have it my way - I reckon the new '18 Mustang with a tuned 450rwkw and that 10 speed gear box would trash my GT with it's current 450rwkw.

I know that sounds kinda obvious but I guess it just depends on what you want out of your car.

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
marcyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: