Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #393
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Again its not lawns but im after ideas on this one. I havent said yes to doing it. Need a plan first. But theres only a few minor things i want to do that i dont really need the chainsaw for, and its paid for itself so its now up for lending. But without saying yes to doing the work, but offering to lend ladders, ropes and my chainsaw eddy (it likes to cut), next door have a tree they want gone. Yesterday we offed a 10m thing and that wasnt bad. But the other one is 12m high, forks low so 2 tall enough trunks. My concern is even with a 12 foot ladder, being uneven ground, being 9 steps up is a bit sketchy. My 8 footer is better for this, but roped and cut in such a fashion to direct the fall, its a big section considering the upper limbs on both trunks cant be lopped first. A cherry picker would be ideal, and i rent those all the time for work and take them home overnight, but theres no access to their yard. So making it fall away from the peson cutting it is the most important. Making it fall away from my grannyflat and the new fence are the next most important things. Once the tops are gone the rest can ve done in managable pieces. A rope and pulling that away from the cutter and property is so far my best idea, but im not sold on that given the size of the tops
About a week ago our boss asked us to go and visit a nearby neighbour to the school where I work to assess a job . My workmate is a fully qualified tree faller, bushman , seed collector for Foresty Commission and now works part time as our groundsman and there were two big gum trees really close the blokes property adjacent to our blackwood plantation . Wayne had to have a good look to see what the risk was to bring these trees down . Would require extra care as one of the trees had a twin trunk that had potential to have a mind of it's own if things were not ideal.

Wayne did some other checks and reported back to the house owner and the boss of course to decide on best options. Both these trees will require excavator work to brace them as they are felled .

Now the issue is who pays for it because they are impeding building approval from the local council as the bloke wants to extend his garage and the council thinks the trees are too close to the boundary fence where the extension will end. Trees are great but they can be a nightmare to deal with sometimes ....especially when bloody Councils are involved .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote