Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2019, 05:01 PM   #401
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Only due to the green bin going out tonight, not that it really needed it i knocked the top off my driveway. It wasnt too bad at all. I could knock the top off my backyard, but ive been giving it a chance and its coming back really well. Its not terrible. Next week maybe, that kind of not terrible. But yesterday i sorted out my chainsaw. It died last week. Doing what it does best. I was helping a neighbor, ran 2 tanks straight cutting above its capabilities as a 12 inch bar cutting greater then 30cm diamater dead wood. So the fuel was the last of my jerry. And i filled that at the end of 2016 before my arm died. The 2 stroke oil, god knows how old that was. Dunno if it has a shelf life, but anyhow. Went bunnings as i needed bar lube, and bought a 200ml 2 stroke oil, my logic is it cant get old if it only does 2 jerrys. So fresh fuel, and it started and ran flat stick, but no idle. Air filter off, yeah spraying fuel out the carb. So, a few uneducated adjustments to the carb and idle screw finesse. Apples. Tested on fire wood, so sorted. Tried again today, the thing always started easy, but today, butter. 2 pulls full choke and it fired, 1 pull half choke and apples. It shouldn't be that easy. Anyhow, fresh tank in my freebee snipper. No full choke, 2 pulls half choke. Its retarded how easy it started. Well no comment on my mower. Its 1st time every time. It would run on a tank of self satisfaction i reckon. Give it a week and ill probably be not happy, but diy garden maintenance goals i reckon, reliable equipment. And its not even good equipment. Mower being the pick of the bunch. Free what was a $99 whipper snipper, $119 chainsaw, and dont remember what my mower cost, it wasnt the low end, it was a model or 2 up, so victa 18 inch cut, 158cc briggs and stratton 4 stroke. I dont dread lawns as much these days.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: