Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #417
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
The boss (our School Business Manager) dropped us in two of these yesterday. Our Principal saw me using my Makita the other day and was apparently impressed enough with the time saving and how much cleaner the ECE area was than a brooming does that she authorised two . One for the groundsman and one for us EFA's (education facility attendant) which I am.

I feel a bit honoured that my Makita 18 V impressed that much !!!...

This is basically the same model we now have . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czdvLKhXm64..

Once I assembled the EFA one I turned it on to vac function in a staff study and it bloody lifted the carpet !!!!!!!...

First real use will be Monday and I'm quite looking forward to trying it out over about 100 sq metres of wind blown area that I have to do each day .

The Makita will be able to stay in the car now .
Modern lithuim batteries and brushless motors in powertools perform amazing compared to what was available 15 years ago. I personally have used makita for drills and drivers for 12 years. By that i mean my first brushed drill was a makita with 3ah lithiums and it lasted 11 years. The driver was still good. But round 2 with the brushless kit. The old one was great. The current ones. Bloody amazing. Yeah 5 amp batteries youd expect almost twice the life between charges. But its a lot more then double. The performance of the new battery powered stuff is finally almost there. Plus quieter operation. For a blower vac, 2 stroke theyre loud. If you can do it without necessitating hearing protection, thats a bonus. I was, not by choice, working on a construction site on thursday and the builders were 100% battery makita. Their 18v mitre saw was impressive. It was loud as expected cutting ally, but it never bogged.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote