View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: TDCI Powershift 60K Service Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman105E
Guys,

Just having the 60 thou service done on our MB TDCI with power shift auto. Apparently the auto oil needs to be changed at 60 thou and the cost of said oil is expensive - really freakin expensive ($50 a litre). The total service cost will come in at ~$1000.

Who else has had a 60 thou service and how much did it cost and did they have the oil changed in their powershift tranny?

Steve.
I started the exact same thread in the Focus forum.

Manual is $430, Auto is $860 (roughly - can't be bothered checking exactly).

I didn't have my handbook with me... the Focus handbook says the auto tranny only needs to be serviced under extreme circumstances. I guess, they quote the 'maximum' as that is for the worst case scenario.

What exactly does your logbook say on this?? I would be really reading the fine print. If you drive your car normally, and don't fall under extreme usage they may have done the service for nothing. If that is the case I would be asking for a refund on the tranny service......

My next service is at 45k... and I will ask the questions regarding this to my service guy, who has been pretty good with me so far.

Would I assume that my car costs the same as a manual to service should I not require the auto service (and I don't).. hope so, as bar the transmission it is the same parts and labour.

Please reply with what your logbook says, and how the service department handled the situation....

Cheers,

Jason

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote