View Single Post
Old 27-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
hardplunger

Default Re: TF fuel sender unit info needed

After removing the sender unit and looking inside the tank i decided i needed to cut 100mm x 100mm square out of the tank anyway to get inside and clean it. Seems like ford went through a period where they painted the inside of fuel tanks. There was so much flaking paint and debris in there i had to get it all out. I suddenly realised this may have caused an intermittent fuel starvation problem i had. Even after strapping the tank to a cement mixer and filling with blue metal aggregate for half an hour didnt get it all out... There is a product that will coat the inside of the tank and stop the flaking but how far do you go and how much do you spend on an old tank so i just scrubbed and scrubbed. Its now re welded up and a after market sender unit and my own much larger pickup pipe and sock installed. Now at least i have no concerns about the fuel flow being restricted again, and if the sender packs it in there are plenty of similiar ones out there with the same bolt pattern i can replace it with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-09-10 09.17.36.jpg (11.6 KB, 24 views)
hardplunger is offline   Reply With Quote