View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Mobile phone detecting cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
But Franco the Victorian road death toll is significantly up on previous years.

I still reckon we have to go back to resitting the drivers test every so many years. There's just to many stupid drivers on the road or IMHO don't even have licences.
Wasn't it something like circa 1000 people per year died on Victorian roads back in the 1970s? That was when there was 13 people living in Melbourne and only 50% of them owned cars

Melbourne is the fastest growing capital city in the nation and only 300 odd people out of the 5M plus people commuting around the joint are dying on the roads - compare the traffic and commute of Melbourne 1970 to Melbourne 2019, thats just improvements in technology, sensible things like wearing seat belts, etc.

The first time I come across traffic lights was my license test, I'd done just about all my hours on country highway, then the next day I was picking up company cars in South Melbourne and driving them back to Essendon with no god damn clue on how to drive in traffic and the faintest idea of road rules.

The licensing system needs overhaul, you just do 120 hours with your parents who pass their bad habits onto you, then you just have to know the rules enough to pass the test then you just drive how you want, the fact we've got such a low road toll with over 5M retards driving about in our capital city should be something of a scientific study.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: