View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Mobile phone detecting cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Not all cars have these features and what's so bad about someone using their phone in these cars so you ask, well it is obvious......Distraction! Distraction! Distraction!

Think it been proven beyond doubt mobile phone use in vehicles is one hazard we all can do without but if you think otherwise then so be it but don't whinge when govco starts collecting $$$$ from you when caught using it.

Cheers
So how about the people with modern cars with these features can use mobile phones while driving?

I probably wouldn't be so distracted if I wasn't doing 80km/h at 3AM when its me and maybe only 40 other cars on a 6 lane wide either direction well maintained freeway I'm paying to use.

Mobile phone use while driving is a symptom of creating ridiculous conditions people feel that they don't have to concentrate while driving - you're literally incentivising people to distract themselves because they're trying to legislate away calculated risk.

I think people are failing to realise the more BS rules and the more people get told 'you can't do that' - the more they will think **** you, I'm going to do it anyway and they go and do it.

I've never been fined in the 9 years I've been on our roads and all my cars are illegally modified, I speed everywhere, use my phone while driving and I do the occasional over the limit drink drive from time to time if I'm not staying in Melbourne overnight and there's functions on.

You need to put in more effort than rotating mobile speed cameras in the same locations and placing them on certain points on our freeways and cities, my GPS tells me fixed camera locations, there's resources like Melbourne Speed Cameras and Booze Bus locations on Facebook to keep on top of and apps like Waze that the community report police locations with.

These mobile phone cameras, they'll put them on certain sections of the freeway, people will catch on and you just use your phone between these points and continue on your way.

The phone while driving appears to be huge proportions here in Melbourne, was talking to my Adelaide colleague and without prompt its the first thing he mentioned when he was on the roads around here is that people don't even try to hide they're doing it.

I've got a good idea, how about stop worrying about trying to chase up someone using their phone while driving and put more resources into stopping the reffos on the rampage across Melbourne at the moment with their break and enter sprees and all the shootings going on across the city?

Oh wait that would cost money not make it.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 07-07-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote