View Single Post
Old 22-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #45
bathurst-racer

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

I used USA to AUS to import my Torino a couple of years ago. They were very helpful and were able to arrange picking up some extra parts which the internal shippers in the States wouldn't touch. I received a very warm and I believe genuine email from Indy about my car which caught their attention as they are Ford people to the bone. It took a while for the car to arrive but I understand it was December and it wasn't easy to fill a container over the Christmas period.
I think one issue you need to address Phil is the insurance. I paid the premium on the invoice and from memory it was about $50.00 more than the quote I received on the phone from Indy. I didn't receive a copy of the policy which is a theme which runs through this thread. If people suspect the premium they paid ended up in your pocket can you blame them ? In respect to customer service you have let yourself badly here.
I'm glad that Snowcone was able to have his issue resolved. As it was pointed out there are two sides to every story. Its much easier to defend ones reputation when customer service is the mantra in your business.
bathurst-racer is offline   Reply With Quote