View Single Post
Old 26-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #54
meteoriTE

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Tried to get them to give me a price on bringing in some parts as they were on the east coast and my usual shipping agent is on the west coast and trucking them across the country was expensive. Wouldn't/couldn't give me a fixed price even though I had all dimensions and weights given to them. It was basically a case of get it to their depot and see, something didn't sound right so gave them a big miss, thankfully it seems. Plus I've never had a shipper want to charge GST on anything under $1000 Australian, let alone on parts, shipping in the US plus their shipping costs also. Managed to get the parts over to the east coast cheap as a friend of mine over there's brother is a long haul truck driver and happened to be heading to the east coast. So for two bottles of Jack Daniel's and $50 cash was a bargain to have it all delivered to the shippers at the port in Ontario California. Got the stuff here and no GST as the goods were under the $1000 Australian threshold, just like every other time. So do your homework people.
meteoriTE is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: