Thread: Photobucket Fix
View Single Post
Old 28-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Photobucket Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I think most pics kept their same name, the above would be my preferred option. I appreciate the volunteers have donated their time, and a big thanks to them for doing so, but i don't think they would know which pic goes where (as in which post and which paragraph in each post), so i would rather leave it the way it currently is than having pics in places where they don't belong. But if Russ has a way of finding pic names and just replacing the links around them then that would work.

Currently uploading 1000 Triplet files to Flickr. It didn't like me and a message came up telling me 'wow, too many pics'
The bulk replace function takes the original url and replaces it with a new one and it's a one off command to do it.

So, for example:

OLD LINK http://photobucket.com /fred/pics/123.jpg
NEW LINK: http://wherevertheyarenow.com/fred/pics/123.jpg

is a simple replacement. In fact, as long as the image name is the same it doesn't matter how different the rest is. All we need to know is the old photobucket folder name - the bold bit above (which we can look up even where they are broken) and the new hosts link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflux
G'day Russell,

Great effort from all on this!

For clarity, what constitutes a "bulk" edit? Only two recent-enough threads of mine come to mind where there are photobucket links, but they have only 16 and 8 PB pics respectively.

A ton of facebook-linked pics have disappeared though - not even a broken link, just a blank line in the post(s).

Cheers,

Dave
The blank lines are where some bulk edits have already been done but as per above, replacing them is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-220
What happens to my images now?? since I have closed my PB account can they still be edited??

Cheers Dean
We can still edit the links manually. We don't need to know what image belongs where as the editors can see the old URL even when it is broken so as long as the image name is still the same (or similar) they can be fixed.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: