View Single Post
Old 17-02-2024, 02:44 PM   #9
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 'Electronic safety assistance actually makes driving more dangerous' - your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Compliance in general. Everything requires certification, and for what? The most ridiculous thing I've seen recently is someone post-landscaping reno offering up free fill, and the Karens come out of the woodwork asking if it's 'certified'. FMD.
It does sounds silly asking.

Until someone has given you "free" landfill that contains Red imported fire ant (RIFA) (Solenopsis invicta), one of the worst invasive species to reach Australia that can cause extensive damage to ecological and agricultural systems.

Or soil infected with fungus Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense (Foc) (aka. Panama disease), which is one of the most destructive plant diseases of modern times.

Or soils that contain acid sulfate, which are soils are natural sediments that contain iron sulfides. It can kill both plants and animinals.

(As an aside to a discussion in another thread, acid sulfate soils are problematic when undergrounding overhead powerlines in certain locations. It can blow the project budget clean out of the water.)

Certainly around where I live, both fire ants and acid sulfate soils are highly problematic. I would be hesitant to accept any freebies.
whynot is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: