View Single Post
Old 21-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #1661
Motorbreath310

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
I dont think so. There are plenty of cars that sell in the top 10 without all the **** the VF Commodore has. Yes its desirable and yes its good but how often do you use half of it. Ive had 2 WN Caprices now and the blind spot monitoring in them isnt precise, I still have to check blind spots. The HUD I turned off after the first 200 kms because it was annoying. The lane departure feature in the commodore is crap, it doesnt vibrate the steering just beeps and show a light in the cluster if your outside the lane. Same goes for the crash avoidance, it only works half the time I have found?? All useless **** that cannot be relied upon.

The Falcon still has superior motors and gearboxes, but never mind that, we all like cheap toys!
It wouldn't be so bad if the rest of the car wasn't so lacking. The FPV's should've had the R-spec modifications upon release in '08, the XR6t should've at least had the option of a brembo 4/1 upgrade, the diff bush issue should have been resolved with FG...

And then there's the minor stuff. Black hood lining in premium models, the option of a sunroof, 'follow-me home' lighting (VE's illuminate when you unlock them which is handy when you're in low-light areas at night)

I would have bought a brand new one in 2011, but didn't see the point when an '08 F6 was still as well-equipped as they get.
Motorbreath310 is offline   Reply With Quote