View Single Post
Old 14-12-2021, 08:37 PM   #10
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: MB air conditioner blockage?

My Fan Controller failed on a long drive (on holidays), when it doesn't work, the condensor overheats and trips out the AC system, it's an over temp. fault, a system protection essentially. What makes it worse is because it's the only fan (3speed) it affects the engine cooling system and thus the engine. Out of safety for the engine destroying itself, I had to replace it. It was just my luck that at 100kph on the HWY @ 48DegC it was enough airflow to keep the coolant temps down, whilst the AC wasn't able to be used.

I was in Airlie Beach (A.B) so sourced one from Ford in Brisbane and had it delivered to the guys in A.B, now because the Fan Controller is part of the cowling and fan itself, you have no option but to buy the whole thing, I think it was $800. Sucks but I never had a problem again with the system, so there's at least that.

As for the AC compressor, it's easy as pie to remove, don't let them tell you otherwise. The compressor should be $750 from Ford bought one earlier this year.

This mob doesn't look like they know what they're doing, I'd seek help elsewhere.