View Single Post
Old 18-01-2022, 03:33 PM   #33
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Dashcam Footage - Bicycle vs Car - George St Perth CBD 5pm 14/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Not what I was asking, but fair enough. We'll leave it at that.

He did. Some old thing with a small motor in the front wheel hub.

Which brings to another interesting realisation.

After he was taken off by the Ambos the bike was collected by Main Roads and he went there yesterday to inspect and collect it. It's all very bent and a definite bin job.

But the Main Roads people commented how lucky he is it never caught fire. They've been seeing electric bike accidents, particularly those with big batteries, where the battery gets damaged and ignites badly burning the driver and sometimes setting the car on fire.

He is strongly not reconsidering buying another electric and going for a traditional one now.
Yeah that is interesting, I would go out on a limb and say he was probably way faster than the average (but not dangerously so to others) coming up the hill, and got himself into a position that "surprised" the car. No excuse for the car driver, but at least understandable. I asked as I recently had a "where did you come from" moment with an electric bike when I was turning left into a carpark on an up hill rd. He was next to me at the lights and i was turning a couple of hundred meters up the road. I was preconditioned to thinking I would have got 100 meters on him, but just saw him in my inside mirror as I was about to turn in. I think he was racing the GT!!!

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: