View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 04:40 PM   #648
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I finally worked out where the EEPROM was in the MKII FDIM (U1303 - the one that says "08B 2" which is a 24C08 automotive spec. 1KB chip running from 5v down to 2.5v... I had to pull it with my hot air station, I couldn't read it while it was on the board, even with all the tricks I know. Once I had its contents though, I worked out how to read it via OBD2... But you can only write back "most of it". There's some parts it won't let you write (the DTC area I think).

While trying all the code pathways in the disassembled firmware, I realised one of them had cleared the entire EEPROM, zeroed except for 0xFF at the start of every 16 byte row.

Next boot, it loaded up defaults for everything (VINs were left as 0xFF strings along with a couple of other things). Firmware strings were "low series" values.

It might not be such a good idea to let someone hack your bus over the Internet!
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: