View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:59 PM   #654
jakka351

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
The worst? they can do is erase the FLASH & EEPROM leaving you to sort out reloading it all to get it working again.

Yeah, MKII splash screen is pretty easy to change with my ICC Comms program already, using the recore button & USB script to replace the default image. And yes, my units all have WiFi root terminal access with Y-MODEM file upload and download - so I've got a few options.

What you are after though is a CAN recording of firmware 8R29-14D017-AC being loaded into a MK1 low-series FDIM by IDS... That's what I meant about re-inventing the wheel (since you need to upload the entire firmware, I would only be re-inventing the IDS firmware upload process - also, I don't think Forscan can do this, .PHF files are a bit different to the .VBS files Forscan handles).

The actual process to unpack, edit, and repack with new CRCs a MK1 firmware for changing the ICC splash screen is not very hard. But you really want to choose your image carefully, it's a big process to go through on a whim.
Ill be using the most ridiculous image I can find, likely a pic of pixelized boobs. Could one point me towards software that could unpack? Would this be converting .phf to a binary file, and then unpacking the binary to a 'readable' format, changing the image out and then repacking and recalculating checksums, converting to phf and reflashing the unit via can diagnostics.
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote