View Single Post
Old 26-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #427
The_Interceptor
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU series 1, 2, or 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintobear View Post
My mate says that as far as he remembers it didn't get any performance mods from Tickford....just visuals. So it should have the regular 185kw engine.
So not sure why your dyno was so high. Was the 230ish you mentioned extrapolated from wheel reading to flywheel reading? E.g. My XR8 220 pulled 157 at the wheels, adding in the 30% loss typical means it would be 224kw at the fly.
May have been a generous dyno or may have factory freak engine...they sometimes slip through slightly better. Or maybe both.
Not sure.
I have asked him to look into it further.

Sent from my Nokia 5110
Hi Clintobear,
I only put the pictures on at the request of OffRoadFalcon, as he didn't believe I had a car that had done such low kilometers. The rest of the car is as I have said, to the best of my knowledge. The dyno reading was at the flywheel. I have no idea what other cars had as the interiors, however I do know that it was supposed to come with red leather inserts in the seats which I did not want. As far as the module in the bonnet coming from Cosworth, well yes it did, but it was a replacement module. Tickford closed when the BA Falcon came out. And finding another module was not easy either, but whilst it was not identical to what was on the car when new, it did the same job if not just a bit better. When I spoke of changing to racing mode, the change was purely pushing the accelerator pedal harder. There was no switch, except in excitement, but also one could watch the fuel gauge move, or it appeared that way. The car does not have all the plastic hanging off the sides, it has nice sideskirts plus a twin wing on the boot. As far as the decals, they came on the car, but I have noticed one thing, that being that the Falcon badge on the boot is not chrome but is the same red as the rest.
I did not put the pictures on to start any arguments, perhaps I should have only put the one on with the Kms reading.
But the biggest thing that disappoints me is that I got stung by the Howard Government back dating GST on leased vehicles, so I was making payments on the original 22% sales tax plus the joy of paying 10% per payment on top. By the time the 5 year lease was up, I went to sell the car, but the dealer offered me $24,000 for it. At that stage it had done 14,000kms. Having spent $81,000 by then, I took the car in disgust and it sits there. I know the car has almost no backpressure because it has different mufflers on it to a normal XR8.
For all I know it way have been something that either Ford or Tickford were experimenting with, but it looked impressive when it arrived on the truck and it is a very quick car.
That's about all I can tell you, but I did have a similar experience with a Nissan Pintara TR-X when the car that arrived was different to the one I ordered. It came directly from Nissan as well, but had some engine performance changes.
My thoughts are that it is probably best to buy off the showroom floor, that way there are no surprises. Yes, I like the the Redback but I can't answer all the questions about the engine and the rest, except it cost over $8500.00 than a normal black XR8, so I must have paid for a few things extra.
To all who reads this, I don't bull**** people, and whilst the car is in the shed and not for sale, I honestly can't see why it has caused as much commotion as it did when Howard made me pay !0% on top of the salestax I had already paid.
Sincerely Yours Guys.
The_Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: