Thread: Tray Repairers
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #15
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Tray Repairers

Flexiglass seem to use a fairly unique set of profiles. Their decking planks are "back to front" when compared with many, and are also pretty light on. I couldn't find a match from any commercial extrusion supplier.

My situation was resolved with matching donor planks from a lightly damaged crew cab tray that cost me six hours' work. Three planks too short to use in entirety, but I gutted it and used my "least worst" original three with these ones. Elapsed time was sixteen days, but that's on a part-time repair basis. Greatest other expense after the car's "sitting cost" of about $14/day was stainless fasteners.

From my experience, if you have a place to work and a decent drop saw with aluminium cutting blade, the only physical issue with DIY tray building or repair is the swarf. I'd build one from scratch to save the beans, if it priced up that way.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: