Thread: Mondeo Mods
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
Don't take this personally, I'm not having a crack at you but ......... I wouldn't spend a cent on it; it’s a 15 year old car that was never designed as a performance car, its simple, cheap and (usually) reliable point to point transport. Trying to make a slow car fast is such a waste of money these days when fast cars are so cheap to buy. By your own admission you don't have a lot of cash to throw around so why would you waste what you do have on a 15 year old Mondeo?

However to try and answer your question;
Exhaust system = around $400
Cams = $600, labour to fit another $400
CAI = from $50 home made to around $300 or so for an off the shelf unit out of Europe

Well over $1,500 and you might (if you’re REAL lucky) pick up 10 or 15kw's

Put that money towards the ST24 and you will be able to buy it sooner. You won't get a cent back for the mods on the Mondeo.
I'm with you Paulie. I've done this and it was good for me, but it was a money pit. I have a diesel now, and as a 39 yr old with a child, my priorities are different.
$1500 was a lot of money when I was at university and still is now. In hindsight, beer and women would have been a better investment.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote