View Single Post
Old 19-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #118
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: The 'Automotive Environmental' Thread - Electric Cars/Fuel Quality/Alternative Fuel

The Harper's article is quite an interesting read; I'm sure many would demean it as left-leaning because it carries through an implicit concern about execution of policies in absence of a clear, progressive social charter. I think the other take on much that it covers would be to suggest that "management by crisis" as the textbooks used to describe it, is largely normalised...

I deliberately remain disengaged from social media; no TV, no Faceache etc - I'm not ignorant of what goes on but it helps somewhat to filter the contrived immediacy and manipulation adhering to many apparent trends.

One thing I've been wondering about in relation to the automotive market subtly repositioning itself to benefit from any marked shift to sales principally featuring non-fossil-fuelled vehicles. Are car manufacturers subtly reinforcing physical designs of vehicle, that lend themselves more readily to slight reductions in size, coupled with powertrains less dependent on fossil fuels? As in, are they already laying the foundations and we're not noticing?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: