View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #118
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Recirculation Actuator probllem found. I had built my loom customisation based on a wiring diagram that gave me LHD loom pinouts, but on deep investigation today, the pins were reversed for RHD looms. So I rebuilt the lab loom with that in mind and the Recirculation actuator now works and the DTC clears!

Next was the Cabin temp sensor which has a little fan 'aspirator' that is supposed to suck air into the sensor - so as feed and gnd for the motor, and feed and gnd for the sensor. The fan was not working and throwing a DTC, although the sensor was fine. I investigated further and found that the WQ EATC module does not supply +ve feed for the blower fan. So I wired in a manual +ve supply for it and re-ran the diagnostics and the DTC for that cleared too. I need to tidy that wiring up with a little switch but otherwise good to go.

I had some concerns about temp sensor gnds possibly causing a problem that all of that is working and passing the diag tests.

So that was a good amount of positive progress.

The last thing still a problem is the Blower Fan running at 100% all the time. I'll do a bit of troubleshooting, but since it was working before and suddenly stopped, I still think a bit of chinesium failed somewhere inside it. I won't be able to confirm until a replacement non-chinese Blower Control Module arrives.

Lukeyson