View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #119
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

So today was all about getting all my bits fitted to a heater box and seeing what would work.

Annoyingly, I have misplaced the lever arm that connects the Recirculation Actuator to the cables that open and close the recirculation flaps. I can confirm that the actuator is moving but without that arm I can't test their operation.

This lab test has uncovered two items/issues that need further investigation.

(1) The Outlet Register. I have no way to calibrate the EATC module output location to Face/Foot/Demist. And yet the ability to select Face/Foot/Demist is very much dependent on the location of the 360 degree rotatable flap in the heater box. So this tells me that the flap and the actuator need to be installed in a specific position so that the correct outlets work when they are selected. This seems a bit dumb to me as we have already seen situations on the Manual Climate Control where the Cog can slip.

(2) The Temperature flap has a 90 degree movement, but my gears of the same size appear to push that slightly beyond the limit. Now I don't know if that is part of the calibration process, but my add-on parts flex a little and the gears end up slipping when the Actuator is trying to calibrate.

(3) My Blower Motor runs at full speed, which I mentioned previously, so I have ordered a replacement Blower Controller Module to see if I can regain blower speed control.

And here is my little friend....

Lukeyson