View Single Post
Old 24-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
peteypete
Sunny side up

Default Re: Will 2nd Fords increas in value?

I'm sure in years to come it will, really anything iconic that ceases production eventually comes collectible even if there is a lot around. In 20 years time though there wont be too many B-series floating around especially the XR and FPV models.
Look at the E series, its nearly 20 years on since the last one went through the factory doors and you don't see too many (unmolstered, low k's) Tickford EF/Ls, and if you want to buy one in said condition you'd have to pay upwards of 5k, which isn't bad for an almost 20 year old car.
While the Falcon a family sedan, it is an aussie icon and it will always hold it's racing heritage.
'IF' I was personally going to take a shot at getting something that is going to shoot up in value in the near future I'd probably go for an X series, as the ones that have not been rotting in paddocks or rusting away in driveways or clicking over 400,000ks have gone up in recent years.
Genies>hi-flow cat>X-Force 2.5" Catback. Stage 2 crow cams. Powerbond 20% Underdrives. Bent tab. BC racing Coilovers. Whiteline Adjustable Swaybars. SS Inductions Growler + XR8 snorkel + Territory intake pipe. More to come. Thread coming soon.

[P]Plater

Past rides:

1998 NL Ghia Concorde (Now Dads car)

1954 Austin A40
peteypete is offline   Reply With Quote