View Single Post
Old 23-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #89
rdster
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSEIF DROF
Test drove both Colt Ralliart aka "little riceburner" & Polo GTI on the weekend, was initially impressed with the acceleration of the Colt & handling fairly good apart from body roll & turbo lag issues, looked great in red, but interior low rent & cheap feeling. Stepping into the Polo GTI was a revelation, acceleration/gearshift/handling/build quality are all top notch, the list of equipment is absolutely stunning/unbeatable for the price. As a daily driver, this is the car you'd want, the ColtR is too compromised as I feel the XR4/ST might be when it arrives. Note: Recaros in the Colt no good for anyone over 85kgs. From the pics the XR4 looks pitched at the boy-racer set, along with the ColtR. Polo GTI aimed at the more mature driver.
I agree with the cheap look interior, however the Ralliart Colt as a driver's car is hard to beat.Don't take my word for it,have a look at the 2006 Motor magazine 'Bang For Your Bucks' write up.The Ralliart Colt was placed 5th outright, the Polo GTi was placed 18th. Back then, the Ralliart Colt was priced at $29990 + ORC. now they are $26990 driveaway!