Thread: G6E turbo
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 09:02 AM   #28
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: G6E turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I could never figure out why they didn't at least offer it as an option.
I'd assume it would have required its own unique DSC calibration.

It would have been a waste of money developing and maintaining it as an option given the likely uptake and little return of this option.

It would be similar to why BF FPV's never got DSC. FPV couldn't afford to develop a DSC tune for these vehicle combinations, so it remained a ABS/TCS braking system and advertised it as "real FPV drivers don't want/need an interfering stability control system".

If they couldn't afford to amortise it over all the cars they made then LSD as an option would be even less of a probable business case for the G6ET. So just save the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
If was quite funny in my first few months of ownership in '08 and before the wider public really new what they were performance wise how much fun it was having SS drivers think they could overtake on the inside...should have handed out specs so they could read the red TURBO badging.
It was just as much fun and even longer lasting in my Force 6. The FPV badges were so tiny it looked like a de-badged XR6. So they kept trying and trying.

My favourite was coming off the old Kings Way exit in Melbourne with this d*ckhead in some clapped out VT or VX egging me on down the exit. I'd speed up and brake very late (because I could) all the way down the exit, semi normal driving for me while still having my bit of fun. It was early Saturday night, so traffic was a bit busy.

Get to the bottom of the exit and light turns yellow so I hammer through knowing I can make it and stop quickly behind the cars at the next set of lights. Thought I'd finally be free of d*ckhead.

But no, Mr Hero, d*ckhead of the clapped out Commo, attempted the same, but his brakes were nowhere as good and rammed the rear end of the car in the next lane at prob 30 or so km/h.

I remember just sitting there looking at him giggling while Mrs D*ckhead in the passenger seat ripped him a new one.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: