View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
Cralis

Default Re: Lane Assist - 2017 Mondeo

Thanks. I think the software update did something. Because I now notice that the green lines appear when am maybe over 60km/h. They seemed to activate at lower speeds before. So maybe there was a fault? Is there a minimum speed limit for the lane detection?

Also, there's two modes. Alert, and Alert and Aid. Mine keeps switching back to Alert, which is the vibration. I set it back to Alert and Aid, and maybe 1 out of 5 times, I feel it pull me back off the line. When I test drove an Everest, it was WAY better. Lane assist would bounce you between the lane lines if you left your hands off the wheel. (I know, I know.. always keep your hands on... I was testing it). In fact, after a few bounces, it would alert me to put my hands back on the wheel.

Clearly the newer model Mondeo doesn't have as good a system, which is disappointing. Because I was betweem a VW Golf, Passat or the Mondeo. They had equal features, but the Mondeo looked nicer so I went with that. I'm regretting, as it seems to state it has features, which are not quite as good as they seem.
South Africa VW Golf 1.9TDi
Australia: VW Golf 1.9TDi, Holden Captiva, Ford Territory 2011 TS RWD Diesel (Sold June '15), Ford Territory 2015 TS RWD Diesel (Sold Dec '17), Ford Mondeo 17.5 Trend Wagon
Cralis is offline   Reply With Quote