View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #12
Uni

Piotr: It all depends, like i stated from the start, on whether one is looking for an outright improvement in the handling of the car, or whether it is primarily to improve the aesthetics of the car. Unfortunately, to make any large improvement with regards to performance, be it to the engine, stereo or whatever, it is necessary to spend a fair whack of money.

why do i have such expensive taste? allow me to flip that back on you and ask why, given the option, you bought a Fiesta instead of a Daewoo Kalos/Holden Barina?

the answer is because one is inherently better than the other, and you were happy to pay for it. likewise, i see the benefit in modifying the suspension of a car as a whole, rather than doing it bit by bit because it happens to be cheaper.

as for the shocks, it is true that it depends upon how low the car is dropped, and how hard the springs are. the superlows that Isaac has on his car won't be doing the shocks any favours at all, and as far as i'm concerned there's no point driving around with mismatched damp rates. better to do it properly the first time around, invest the money in some coilovers and come out with a car that not only looks better but handles a hell of alot better.

really, at the end of the day, it's a matter of personal choice, and i personally refuse to take advantage of a cheap but inferior modification when there are more comprehensive solutions to the problem.

Uni/.

Last edited by Uni; 10-01-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote