View Single Post
Old 14-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Wonder if the Falcon might be used as the basis for a LWB Fairlane/Crown Vic. They could use the new US built 5.0L V8 too.

The FG was LHD engineering protected, meaning that although it wasn't designed specifically for it, it was designed so that no 'hard/fixed' points would stop the design becoming LHD.

Might this be the beginning of the FG becoming the base for the GRWD platform?

The Mustang needs a new platform by 2013, and they are talking about IRS by 2011. So why not use the fantastic platform that Ford Australia has made in the FG?

Mullaly is not one to let 'not developed here' get in the way of advancig his plans to make one Ford. He also knows how much money it would save them going this way. I'd estimate making a platform as good as the FG from scratch would cost $2B. I'd also estimate that for less than half that, they could make the new LHD Fairlane, Mustang, Falcon & Ute.

Kuzak also talked about when the economy was better and Ford was making money, GRWD would be looked at again. Here is the chance!

Perhaps, i'm totally wrong and it will be an AWD Fusion. But, then again, Ford has been giving lots of positive suprises lately.

PS My inclusion of ute, is because they have said the new T6 Ranger developed by Ford Aus, won't be used stateside. They wanted something smaller.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote