View Single Post
Old 28-01-2020, 01:46 PM   #52
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

I'll keep looking. I actually went to gumtree to find that car in the link above but didn't have any luck. Gumtree had a bunch of Ghias with additional photos and that's where I saw all-cloth-trim models.

On another front, I've also been doing some research on clocksprings/squibs as part of my efforts to move the guts of a write-off XR4 into a re-registerable 3 door chassis. Non ESC Fiestas have a different clockspring part number and connector to the ESC fiestas. But the ESC fiesta's look to have a whole lot of pins free. The ESC fiesta clockspring looks like it might have a built-in steering angle sensor, as it has the 4 wires from the ESC module straight to it that don't come out the other side. but I would be interested to find an XR4 clockspring and see whether any of the spare pins connect through or not.

I am piqued by the idea of either fitting a later model Fiesta wheel with radio controls and use the spare pins, or possibly even using a DY Mazda 2 from the same era that seems to have wheel buttons as well - but admittedly looks a bit on the ugly side... A clockspring from a later model fiesta with stability control might also be interesting to explore.

Then again, a DY column with indicator on the friggen RIGHT would be better still....

Luke