View Single Post
Old 24-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Default Re: 30% increase in Ford models here. What are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
Why wait. It needed to be done and done as soon as possible to help the employees and give them time to find other employment. If they had said they were ending production today would that have been better???
Honestly some on here are so selfish. Ford in Aus will carry on with new models and we will find out what they are when they arrive, if you don't like it that's you perogative don't buy it , but that's the reason this happened in the first place because despite all the rhetoric on this forum not enough ere buying the cars. It's a sign of the times, it's not Fords fault, there is so much choice out there and people have chosen outside the Ford arena.
The sooner some here accept that and realise that the people hurt most by this are not us but those who are losing their jobs. Get over it or look forward the future Ford products.
GT450
Thing is, when BHP shut up the steelmaking plant in Newcastle, they announced it about 6 months out (I think it was?). They retrained everybody & found those who couldn't find alternate work a job, but 99% of employees were still there on closing day.

This Ford announcement is 3 & a bit years out, current employees are going to start looking into retraining & looking for other employment today. Those who find work will leave, not stay on till closing day.
Fords workforce will start decreasing from today, the workers positions Ford lose between now & then, they won't be able to won't be able to refill, because who in their right mind would take on a job knowing it won't be there in 3 years time, especially in this industry where you can spend your entire life working at the one company in the one job.

Ford will run short on workers, & production times (customer wait times) will blow out, they'll also get to a point where they don't have enough workers to continue production.
I hate to say it, but I don't see Australian Ford production making it till 2016.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: