View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 11:50 PM   #143
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

I'll be due to get some driveshafts soon once these mounts are welded up. Bloody battery had died in my auto-dimming mask and the feed line for the Mig was all jammed up, so I had to clean all that up today.

I haven't found any LR Focus 2.0 Manuals to get the shafts from. So will have to get some eBay cheapies for an LR 2.0 for now. $200 all up. I'm guessing that will be close to what a wrecker would want for used ones anyway.

I went on a bit of a goose chase looking for shafts with ABS rings, and I wasn't having any luck. So I went out to the shed to inspect myself, and bugger me but even the Fiesta driveshafts don't have ABS rings. Made me scratch my head.

Then I found this little snippet in the workshop manual - "The wheel speed sensors are active sensors. They are supplied with a voltage from the ABS control unit after the ignition is switched on. The pulses are picked up from a mechanically encoded ring, which is built into the wheel bearings on the front wheels while for the rear wheels it is a metal ring which is mounted on the stub axle."

That'll do nicely.

Lukeyson