View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #144
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

My Top transmission-mount is a success. I welded it up over the weekend, gave a test fit, bought 2 x flanged 30mm m12x1.75 bolts and 1 x 50mm of the same, bolted it in tonight, and loosened off the engine support bar. Not all the way just yet, but enough to know the weight is now being carried by the engine mount itself.

I'd post a picture if I weren't so embarrassed by my amateur splatter welds, but after some more measurements to see what I can do about the lower mount, I'll whip it out, clean it up and maybe capture a pic one day. So far it looks like I have enough clearance for both the selectors to move around.

As for the lower rear mount, I'm considering relocating the small factory bracket by dremeling off the welds to the cross member and sliding it along. This of course is perfectly fine for the wreck-to-be-race-car, but I'm wondering if it is something that would pass certification for the road-registered jalopy. Dropping the K frame might be needed to get access to that without damaging the steering rack or it's feed lines.

Lukeyson