View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #32
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

The vanlyfe definitely has its challenging days - or caravanlyfe in our families case, like the article says. It can be really hot, you can be in middle of nowhere. We had a front with almost instant 120km/h winds hit us in Wynyard, van being smashed side to side. Trying to homeschool was pretty funny (kids returned straight to top of the class, asked "why do I have to spend the other 4 hours in school?")

Best bit for me is not really regarded as a tourist spot - the Nullarbor coast and Roe Plain in WA, Madura to Eucla. I had to survey all the radio towers and repeaters, so we camped off road outside the compounds. Not a human in sight, 4x4 10km of sand track down to the bight, fish everywhere, caves, wildlife, that was pretty epic. People just gun the Nullarbor to Norseman (sign was missing the 'r' when we went through ) when really there are some amazing things to see there.

Internet opens up a heap of work opportunity that just didn't exist, and I liked reading how the grey nomads are helping, volunteering and earning as they travel and sharing their expertise too. I'll be posting to you all from sunny Byron Bay after updating my insta on how to groom a cappuccino with the best patterns in the frothy milk to match the designer mug which you can buy at my sponsor's web site...