View Single Post
Old 24-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford & FPV website configurator

I usually try to stay off the "Ford/FPV bashing" track but sometimes they do such STUPID things that are just annoying.

I am in the process of buying a new car and am jumping all over the web playing with various "build" systems seeing what costs what is available and how my budget could be "moulded"

A while ago the nannies at the ACCC in their attempt to stomp on the scammo $1 air fares etc. (apparantly we are all to stupid to understand that you can't actually fly first class around the world for $1) made it difficult to put pricing on car web sites as it had to include all the costs involved.

Looking around it seems that just about everyone has got this sorted.
All of the sites I go to except two ask for a postcode and then work out the RRP delivered inc state costs.

BUT NOT FORD OR FPV (FPV do the NZ one though)

Their clever idea......email for a quote.

Get stuffed.

I want to play mix and match NOW not every few days when they decide to get back to me.

Or go to a dealer.

See above......

Why would I ask someone who usually knows less about the vehicle than me and whose only interest is selling the combination that will make him personally the highest commission (being the one in stock or is coming shortly from their preorder)?

I want to buy a BMW, yes sir everything is there for you what options do you need priced?

Toyota, Nissan, Mazda....whatever all seem to be able to make it work.

But not Ford and not FPV.

Like they really NEED to reduce sales by making it harder.

I wonder if anyone in Ford actually realise that the majority of car buyers are NOT Ford vs Holden bogans who will always buy their tribal icon regardless?

P.S. Holden don't do it either so if I were considering Falcon G6 vs Commodore vs Aurion it is much easier to buy the Toyota as I could work it all out without some gold toothed rat pressuring me.

Or Focus vs Mazda 3 vs Corolla etc.
Or Mondeo vs........

No public pricing, just one more reason to not even consider any Ford vehicle of any type from the Fiesta upwards..............

Last edited by SpoolMan; 25-03-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: political
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote