View Single Post
Old 24-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford & FPV website configurator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
I have to disagree here, if i were in the market for either of the above cars i couldnt care what the internet page says id be going straight to a dealer as that is a lot of money.
I understand you probably wouldnt buy it based on what is on the internet page though
But then Dallas, how do I work out what I can actually afford.

ISFs are about $135k, 1 series go from $70k to $150k, 3 series from $110k to well over $200k.

If, for example, I decided on a 135 then the DCT costs, the leather and paint cost, the wheels cost, the satnav and ICC cost and I can mix and match.
The same for most of the others.

When I have decided that a vehicle is in my price range I then go, test drive (if it is my personal car) and negotiate.

P.S. ISFs go like cut cats are smooth as silk and quiet as a mouse until you stand on the go pedal, M3s are playstations on wheels and 135s are one of the best kept secrets in the performance car market. They are bloody unbelievable........

Of the last 6 new cars I have bought (GT-P, F6, Yaris, Getz, Navara, Ranger and 350Z) I only test drove 2 (F6 & 350Z) and sat in the demo GT-P at the Brisbane Motor Show in 2003. The rest were straight off the internet and then over the phone. I still have not driven or even sat in the Ranger (owned since October).

If they are not my personal drive cars then I really don't care much about anything except operating costs and resale.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote