View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #440
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

I said earlier I wrote a short essay on smoking, on another forum the question was asked by a non smoker, what do you get out of smoking? I answered it, was 2013, hope you like it.

SMOKING.

It makes you think you are Ghengis Khan,Mahatma Ghandi and Mother Teresa all at once!
Its a ritual,like the Japanese tea ceremony,you wake in the morning and the first thing you think about is that next nail in your coffin,or two or three,but you fight hard to put it off as long as you can,you tease yourself while you feed the cat and boil the billy for you coffee,then you sit in your favourite chair,shuffle around a bit then you do a checklist run.
Ashtray
Cigarettes or tobacco
Lighter

Then you open the pack,and your heart races,you are anticipating the feeling of rolling the cigarette in you fingers,then you have a quick out breath and place the ciggie to your lips,you are starting to sweat a bit now,getting a bit jittery then you suck on that little baby like your life depended on it,but its not lit yet,you roll it across your lips,sniffling and watching the steam rise from your hot coffee mug,then another sniffle,you fumble for the lighter,you know where it is but you like to fumble to extend the anticipation of that first drag after sleeping for 8 hours,dreaming as usual of the Marlborough Man,on horseback in the wild North American Mountains,his horse snorting and bucking waiting for its rider to get that smoke drawn deep into his lungs,to relax him,the horse knows his rider is anxous,he can feel it!

Now i find my lighter,i play with it,remove the ciggie still unlit from my dry lips,i need a sip of coffee,i need caffeine,now!
I have my sip of coffee,put my ciggie back in my mouth,i light it,the first drawback gives me visions of "Clancy of the Overflow" racing at breakneck speed to head off the wild brumbies before they hit the woods at the bottom of the sheer drop he finds himself in,but the pony he is riding finds its feet and turns the brumbies heads for home.

The smoke has curled its way down my throat now,i can feel it caressing my windpipe,i feel a gag reflex so i give a feigned cough,i dident really mean it,it would be a insult to my cigarette to let it know it had me beat,down for the count on the cold hard floor of the boxing stadium,i can hear the crowd roar now,i feel sated,satisfied that i have gotten that first good morning cigarette where it belongs,its starting to get into my bloodstream now,the nicotine is screaming like a wild animal caught in an ancient leg trap,but i stifle that scream with another feigned cough,I take a double hit now,two quick drawbacks,the smoke knows its own way now,no need to suck it in,it just flows along my esophegus,its an easy run now,its nearly there,it knows how much i appreciate it, it treats my body with respect now,it knows it is doomed,it knows very soon it will be expelled into the atmosphere,it thinks i dont love it anymore,it feels used and it is,i have no respect for it now,it senses my displeasure and seeks to leave immediately,this it does,much to my chagrin,I suck again now,i am smiling,the cigarette knows i have its measure and it relaxes in my fingers,its a spent force,i have squeezed all its goodness out of its little white tube,but i dont care how it feels,i have feeling also,but my desire is satisfied for a little while,i feel like a million bucks,a million bucks! ha ha ha.

Cheers Puffing Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: