View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #19
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
THe C64 was upmarket, I started with the mighty Vic20
:O omg ! , People from my era ! . Imo it should of been called the F64 ( falcon 64 , not the commodore 64 ! ) ..lol .. anyway ....

I started with the homemade dick-smith paddle control 2 colour batton tennis ( was 2 crappy controlls with like volume knobs for left and right and a red reset button for the fire button) as far back as i can remember.
I then got the Vic-20 and the amstrad (lol , if i remember rightly the vic-20 had 8 colours ..lol), then progressed to the commodore-64 and got into programming and had my part in the production of a easily programable game language called AMOS / for the C-64 ( I earned a quiet few bux from that too ! ).
I then got into the Commodore Amiga computers , right from the Amiga500, then the Amiga2000, then the Amiga1200 (which was the best of them imo , I had that on the internet when PC's were still 386's ! ). Ah the good old days , the gfx on those pc's for their days was amazing imo , tiny programs with huge results. It's a shame the the Commodore/Amiga was realy a European ( Big in Germany and England ) based pc , it made it hard to get software for these pc's towards the end of their days / sorta when Microsoft took over with with windows 98 and so on becoming the norm....
And that's still something that bugs me to this day ! - Microsoft always claiming that they produced windows , yet realy they just ripped off the windows/workbench theme from the Amiga !.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote