View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #20
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

i have given up twice.
The first time was after i was amrried and the mrs gave up cigs when we were trying to have a baby so i joined her.

I didn't have a smoke for 16 years and then took it up again like an idiot for 15 months. I finally woke up and gave up for good 7 years ago

No patches, no gum, just will power. You are well on the way deciding to give up. You have to REALLY want to give up.

The first two weeks is the hardest. You need to be away from smokers and have mates that don't get a kick out of trying to get you back on them

After two weeks you will feel the cravings getting less then they stop.
Your taste buds come back to normal and food tastes better. You will get the SH**S over anything and everything and will be a pain to live with. You will put on an easy 5kg or so as the cigs is keeping you thinner believe it or not.

Persevere and conquer. After a fortnight you will be off them. Some say it is harder than giving up heroin but i wouldn't know about that. I just know that I don't miss ciggies one bit. I hate the smell of it on my clothes or in my hair if i am near smokers and the smokers at work smell like crap even when they pass by 3m or so. Smokers cars make me want to throw up my cookies.

Good luck with it champ. You owe it to your family to be around with them as long as you can control it and you CAN control it as far as smoking cigs goes.