View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:07 AM   #53
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
Thats not normal... Is your dimming function working correctly?
Yup, dimmer function works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_Forte
You probably changed some of the warning light globes instead of the instrument lighting. Is your's an EF or an EL??

Sometimes if they are too long, the extend past the plastic reflector that carries the light to the guage. Try pulling the LED out and shortening it a bit as I described in the PM and see if that helps.

If you have any more issues, don't hesitate to contact me!
EF, high range cluster if that makes a difference. I think I did change the correct ones considering the only thing that lights up is the instrument lights. I changed two at the top, two on the side and two down the bottom. All white surrounds. As far as I can tell, the warning lights all have a blue surrounds, and I didn't touch those, just the 6 I'm supposed to.

The instrument cluster does look nice but I can't go without my warning lights (blinker and high beam indicators still work). I'll pull it all apart this weekend and see what's up.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote